AND 1 in SA!
Are you a baller? Well if you are then you will surely recognise the brand AND 1. AND 1 has embodied the sport of basketball for more than 10 years from the 20% of the NBA who wear AND 1’s performance basketball shoes to their worldwide AND 1 Mix Tape® Tour the AND 1 brand connects with every basketball player at every level.
In South Africa, AND 1 is the #1 shoe chosen by basketball players and is now sought after by the netball communities due to their performance and technology driven designs. AND 1 South Africa provides a selected shoe and apparel range for the trendsetting yet performance conscious athlete and or consumer.
AND 1 has been distributed officially in South Africa since 2004 but the first ever AND 1 Concept Store in South Africa was recently launched on 11 November 2006 at the Village Walk Shopping Centre in Johannesburg.
AND 1 mostly concentrates on men’s shoe and apparel however there is a limited range of AND 1 women’s shoes too, the female brand that works with AND 1 is called Ryka and even though these aren’t AND 1’s they do the trick.
So get down to Village Walk is located on the corner of Maude & Rivonia Road, Sandton if you want to get your hands on the hottest basketball gear whether it is shoes or clothing.
Just for your interest here are some African Basketball Facts:
- Basketball is the 2nd largest sport in Africa (BMI)
- It is the 5th most popular sport amongst South African men
- Basketball is the fastest growing sport in South Africa since 1996 (BMI)
- NBA conducts their largest Basketball Without Borders (BWB) Camp in Johannesburg, South Africa every September (over $1 million per year invested), featuring the top 100 African prep players from 28 countries in Africa
- Africa has a history of producing student/ athletes and professional basketball players including Manute Bol, Dikembe Motumbo, Hakeem Olaijuwan, Reuben Bombje Bombje, Luel Deng, Obonna Ekezie, Desagana Diop, Mamadou Ndiaye, Bobacar Aw and Godwin Owinje
Check out the tight website on http://www.and1.co.za/